Monday, August 1, 2011

Fantasy Art - Forest Guardian

The point of the pencil is for line; the side of the pencil is for tone.  Except when they aren't, naturally.  I'm seeing improvement in how I handle values while rendering the figure.  I should probably go back and review Bridgman's thoughts on the subject.  Every time I go back to his books I understand just a little more about what he's getting at.  I think I'll really have a handle on it in another decade or two.

After generations of using magic to shape and protect the woodlands, many of those who dwell within the Heartwood are no longer entirely human.  While they are less monstrous than most who have been altered by magic, they are no less dangerous, and even in the most peaceful of circumstances outsiders find their mannerisms and abilities quite unsettling.

No comments:

Post a Comment